Thursday, August 31, 2006

Sweet Home Alabama



So, I have been home for 3 days now and I have to say that I am hot, and officially bored. I probably shouldn't complain about the heat considering what I am about to encounter in Africa though.

The 1/2 Marathon went wonderfully, and I am posting a picture of me crossing the finish line! WOO HOO! My eyes were closed, but what can I say...I was pretty tired at this point.

We drove to Alabama the next day and that was a tough feat as well. We drove straight through in one day...which is about 1000 miles. I was seeing colors by the time 10:30 rolled around. Thankfully, we got home safely and without incident...so I really can't complain.

I am preparing to leave on a 5-day cruise with my Mom to Mexico, and then I will be back to pack my stuff, and to prepare for the outdoor triathalon that my brother and I are doing together (www.coosariverchallenge.com)...I like to punish my body, hahaha!

The countdown continues!

No comments: