Sunday, August 20, 2006

The Rockin' Road Trip of 2006...

Well, my ROCKIN' ROAD TRIP OF 2006 has just come to an end. I am back in New York City ready to face the week, and the impending move. Mike--my boyfriend--and I decided to take a week long road trip from Alabama up to New York City. That way I could have an SUV to haul all my junk back to Bama before I ship off. I have to say that it was one of the most fun trips that I have had. There are so many things to see and do that it's hard to even decide what to plan.

We ended up driving to Charleston, SC first. We spend 3 days there lounging on the beach, going to the waterparks, taking carriage rides, and hanging with my friends from college. Anyone who hasn't made it to Charleston should do so right away...it is quite possibly the best city in the US...my opinion only of course. We then headed to Asheville where we got a cabin. We went to this place called Sliding Rock, which is a natural waterslide and toured the Biltmore Estate (went mountain biking, did a wine tasting) as well. We headed off to Richmond to see Mike's brother, and then our last stop was Baltimore to visit my newly married friends and hit up an Orioles game. All in all, I didn't kill Mike and he didn't kill me...so I figure it was a successful last hurrah before we part ways for a while. I think I am in a bit of denial about my leaving...and it hasn't quite hit me what is going on.

Anyway, I sit here in my room with boxes everywhere, an inflatable mattress (I sold mine off today), and other junk and can't help but think about what lies ahead. Is this a huge mistake? Is this the best thing that I am ever going to do? Who knows...at this point--which I figure is a good thing--I am leaning more towards this being the best thing that I ever do. I feel that there is more out there...I am drawn to head off on this adventure because I am not quite ready to "settle down." Maybe it's impatience...who knows. I do know that either way I am going to learn so much from this experience!

Thanks to all those for their b'day wishes..and thanks SO MUCH for all the journals (I believe I have gotten 7 so far). I will definitely not be short on things to write in! Off to bed for me..."time keeps on tickin', tickin', tickin' into the future!"

No comments: