Saturday, August 05, 2006

This is my "last"...

It seems that I am doing a lot of "lasts" lately. I figure it goes with the territory since my entire life is about to change. It is heartbreaking yet exciting at the same time, and I can never decide which one I am...it mostly depends on the second that you ask me.

Today I ran my last marathon training practice, tomorrow I play my last flag football games with my "Olympic" crew, and I worked my last night slinging pasta at Pasta Presto. Every time I walk outside my apartment, down the street, stop off at my corner Starbucks, it dawns on me that this is the last time that I am going to be doing this...at least for a while. It is so funny...what seemed so common place takes on a whole new meaning for me, and I appreciate it just a bit more. It's a nice feeling actually, and forces me to realize that New York City became my home a lot more than I wanted to admit...

I definitely have to thank all of those who have supported me, given me advice, and MOST OF ALL listened to me talk and debate this whole Peace Corps experience...your ears and advice have been priceless for me.

Anyway...I'm just bored and thought I would throw a posting up on here. Stay tuned...

1 comment:

Sarah@Burkina said...

Hi,

I found your blog after searching for information on Burkina Faso. I'm leaving at the end of September as well as a Small Enterprise Development volunteer with the Peace Corps. Feel free to email me at cullem@ucla.edu if you feel the need to contact someone who is in the same boat. Otherwise, I am sure we will meet at the orientation. I just thought I should say hi...